While doing some new research in the area, I was reminded of a comprehensive special issue in Educational Technology 50(1) I co-edited with Peter Rich that covered video analysis and teacher education.
Video Papers from Table of Contents
- Guerilla Video: A New Protocol for Producing Classroom Video – Peter Fadde & Peter Rich
- A Framework for Facilitating Productive Discussions in Video Clubs – Elizabeth van Es
- Using Digital Video to Shape Novice Teachers: A Generative Process for Nurturing Professional Growth – Brendan Calandra & Laurie Brantley-Dias
- The Case for Constructing Video Cases: Promoting Complex, Specific, Learner Centered Analysis of Discussion – Cheryl Rosaen, Mary Lunderberg, & Marjorie Terpstra
- Examining Student Thinking Through Video Analysis – Michael Preston
- Building a Conversation: Pre-Service Teachers’ Use of Video as data for Making Evidence-Based Arguments About Practice – Scott McDonald
- Video Assessment of Classroom Teaching Pratices: Lessons Learned, Problems and Issues – Michael Hannafin, Craig E. Shepard & Drew Polly
An amazing collaboration:
By Wang, Calandra, Hibbard & Lefaiver just out in EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT Volume 60, Number 5 (2012), 943-961, DOI: 10.1007/s11423-012-9259-0
A unique design for high-impact safety and awareness training by Brendan Calandra & Stephen Harmon (2012) is out in the latest issue of Educational Media International.